Hello! Welcome to my stop on the Girl's Dress No. 15 Blog Tour! This is my first blog tour and I'm super excited.
I'm so honored to have been able to test this new dress. It is only the second time I've worked with knits and the tutorial really guided me through this rather scary venture! The added instructions of what needle, stitch, stitch length to use was so helpful. I knew as soon as I saw the pattern, which fabric in my stash that I was going to use! The biggest challenge was finding the time to sew and choosing the hem option!

It isn't very easy to sew when someone decided this was a perfect spot to rest when I was trying to assemble my pattern!
What I love about E+M Patterns is how easy it is to assemble the patterns. There is no fudging of the papers to make different lines on different sides match up!

Amazingly, I had all of the supplies on hand and did not have to run to any craft stores. I guess this means I finally built up my stash! I found the needles for knit fabric and also stay tape! I don't know if I would recommend this tape though. Keeping it all pinned in place was really hard and I think if I had been able to have the adhesive already on there and just press it would have been on much easier.
Since I was doing the asymmetrical hem, I had to cut out the mirror image.

My liquid stitch really came in handy to keep my seams down and out of the way. I love the feel of knit, but it I didn't enjoy sewing with it and my machine hated doing shirring with the elastic thread!!Thankfully baby girl loved the end result. She declared it to be beautiful and fancy and insisted she was going to keep it on today. :-)
I made the size 5, but given her size in hindsight maybe I should have stuck with the 4. It's a bit long on her, but at least there is room to grow :).
As a special thanks for following along, you can enter to win this pattern and another pattern of your choice. If you can't wait to win, use the code Tour15 to get your very own copy of this pattern for $5 today!
If you missed any stops along the way of the tour, here they are again:
October 6
October 7
October 8
October 9
October 10
October 11
Thanks for stopping by!







Love it! Room to go is great!
ReplyDeleteCute! I always make a size big.
ReplyDeleteCute! I always make a size big so it will last
ReplyDelete